Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lots of books

I just got a shipment from UPS of six boxes full of books from my parents. For the most part they're ones from college that I never had a chance to bring out here. I now have stacks of books throughout my room and I'm in desperate need of some bookshelves. May have to hit IKEA soon.

It's nice though. Having most of my education on display reminds me that I did actually accomplish something in college and that I'm qualified to to a lot of things despite the fact that I'm struggling to get a job answering someone's phone right now.

Now I just need to find the time to read the books I never finished, and to read some that I never even got a chance to start. Maybe I'll be able to trick my book club into picking one of those.

I also want to look through some of my old anthologies of early American and British literature. Something in there might work great for a modern adaptation.

No comments: