Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Still waiting

I'm still waiting for a lot of things.

The first is any word on this Office P.A. job I interviewed for a couple weeks ago. They said that they'd be able to get back to me around the 15th, so I'm hoping I hear something soon, preferably that I got the job. I think I'd be good at it, and I really want it. It just sucks that I may not get a shot because I'm not the nephew of some studio exec.

I'm also waiting on notes from the other people in my writer's group. I've given them notes, and two sessions in a row I've been left with nothing but half assed notes from one person almost a week late. I'm trying to hone this thing because I want to send it to some people who asked about it, including a LOST writer and people who work at two different management companies. This is the first big thing I've written entirely by myself that wasn't a spec of an existing show for a while, so I want it to be the best it can be. I don't expect much from it beyond working as a writing sample, but who knows, I could get lucky and someone at SyFy (still not a great network name) could be interested in it.

No comments: