Friday, December 18, 2009

Busy night last night

First there was the office holiday party, for which i had to remove everything on my desk to make it a food table (all recently put back together this morning). Shared a couple glasses of wine with bosses, talked to some colleagues. They invited Writress as well which was nice of them. Unfortunately I wasn't able to stick around for all of the food because my college alumni network set up an event last night as well, in which some alum actors were reading work by alum writers for workshopping purposes, and they were reading pages from my webseries.

The event was hosted by an alum in her husband way out by Malibu, so it took a while to get there, but their place was really nice. The husband is a very prominent screenwriter. I won't say who he is, but unless you're living in a cave in Afghanistan you've seen at least a couple of his movies. The cave-dwellers may have only seen one. They had this amazing screening room/home theater set up where we met, and the screenwriter and his wife were very welcoming, made us fresh popcorn with their popcorn maker, and listened into the readings and gave great notes. Makes me wish I had a better sample read instead of my foul-mouthed web series.

Tonight I'm having a "last night in town" dinner with Writress, drinking some coffee, then going to a very late screening of Avatar in IMAX 3D. I've been avoiding spoilers as much as possible, so I'm excited to see it.

Then tomorrow morning I'm finishing up all my packing, heading to the airport, and flying out to Boston. Looking forward to sleeping in a lot for the next couple weeks. That and seeing family and friends.

No comments: