Saturday, September 13, 2008

We really are simple creatures.

I went out with a girl last weekend. I'm not sure if there's anything there. We were supposed to hang out again this weekend, but I got the news yesterday that she had a friend in from out of town suddenly, and therefore would be busy. This could either be totally legit, or she could be blowing me off. Since I wasn't sure, I was a little down.

So I called up a friend, went barhopping in Hollywood, and got a phone number from a girl who doesn't work in the movie business (ok, she's a painter who often paints scenes from movies, but that's still as far from industry as you can get in LA).

I feel better now.

I realize that any girls who read this will think that I'm "such a GUY" for this, but hell with it, it's a blog, I can be honest. Knowing you can pick up girls, even if you don't intend on doing anything about it, is great ego-reinforcement for a guy. It's really all we need to feel better, because we are simple, ego-driven creatures.

No comments: