Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voted this morning

I voted this morning. If you're reading this and polls are still open and you haven't voted, get your ass down there. If you're in California especially make sure to vote No on Prop 8.

I woke up around 6:40, rolled out of bed and walked around the corner to my local polling place (so convenient) and got in line around 6:50. By the time the polls opened at 7am the line was twice as long. When I left around 7:20 the line was three times as long.

What I found strange was that nobody was conducting exit polls. It really makes you wonder how accurate those things can be if they literally don't have anybody taking the polls at some locations.

While it's a beautiful day in LA now, at 7am it was still a little wet and rainy, which I found funny. They always talk about weather affecting voter turnout, but nobody ever thinks it will happen in Los Angeles. And of course they were right, the sun came right out and now it's another beautiful Southern California day.

Also on a positive note, the starbucks around the corner from the polling place gave me a free cup of coffee because I was wearing an "I Voted" sticker.

No comments: