Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Birthday preparations

Writress organized a party for me on facebook. Nothing crazy, just a fun beer tasting thing in my apartment. Which is what I want. I don't want anything too crazy, just fun times with people in LA whose company I enjoy.

But so far, we only have about 15-16 peoples RSVPed as coming. Knowing the LA flake factor will be in full effect, we may only end up with 5-6 people at a given time with that number.

So I invited more people. Right now the "awaiting reply" part of the guest list has like 50 people on it. Potentially this could blow up and there'd be way too many people in my apartment. But I doubt it. It's a springtime saturday night in LA, and people who come will still likely just "make an appearance" for the most part. And even if we get up to 40 RSVP's, with the flake factor we'd only have about half of that.

Really, I just wanted to counteract the shitshow that was my birthday last year. Between my friends bailing, Easter, and Passover, only a few people were able to come out, and they weren't even out for that long. It was kind of depressing. I'm not the kind of guy who normally needs a lot of people to feel validated, but since it was my birthday and my best friend had bailed on me, the lack of people partying with me still kind of stung. So that's why I went a little crazy on the invites today.

No comments: