Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Met the new girl's Dad last night

So I have a new girlfriend, and she's the reason I haven't been posting on here very much in the past couple weeks. She's also trying to be a TV writer out here, but unlike me she just recently moved here. While we both job hunt, we have tons of free time so we hang out like two broke people together and watch a lot of DVD's. It's a good time.

We've also taken some time to sit down and write together (on separate projects) which means we aren't even slacking off all that much. I've decided her blog nickname should be the Writress.

So Writress's dad was in town on business last night. The two of them went out for dinner together, but I met up with them for dessert, which was good. Afterward she claimed that he liked me, so I guess I did alright. I hadn't met the father of a girl I was dating since my college ex, and I met her parents when we were only 18. So it's been a while (i.e. seven years) since I've been in the hot seat like that. Good to know I came off okay.

I haven't told my parents about her yet, but I think I will soon. This isn't something I did with MissCrazy over the six months we dated, and I also never mentioned the last significant relationship to my parents (this was a summer thing that became more serious, especially for her, a couple years ago. Sidebar: that girl just moved back to LA and has been texting and facebook wall posting me. Perhaps drama will ensue, I'll keep you posted).

I just feel very comfortable and at ease with this girl, and I think I'm in a place where I could allow myself to get serious with someone again. When I broke up with the college ex senior year I did not expect to go this long without taking anything seriously, but in retrospect I should have. I just didn't want to be in the position to break someone's heart the way I broke her's for a while.

Do I see a future with the Writress? Hard to tell since we've only been dating for a couple weeks. However, it has been a very good couple weeks, and we have a lot in common and both seem to want the same thing out of life. For now things are relaxed and at ease, but I can still tell that she really likes me without needing weird drama from her end to confirm it.

So far, so good.

No comments: