Sunday, June 21, 2009

Starting a new pilot

So I've finished the first draft of the last pilot I was working on by myself, and I'm nearly done with the one I'm working on with my roommate. Obviously there will be a revision period for both scripts, but in the meantime I've also started on a new project.

Right now all I have is the rough concept, and a sketch of what the pilot episode could be. Which each organizational step I take I come up with new details for the world and connections between the characters. I see it ideally as accomplishing what Heroes was aiming for, bringing that sense of wonder but not needing to follow the Heroes example of having 15 main characters who didn't know each other.

I've set a schedule in my calendar similar to what I used through my writer's group, but on a slightly faster pace. If I'm still unemployed that long (hopefully not) I'll have a draft in about a month and a half.

No comments: