Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Being Spontaneous

While we were heading over to Roommate's comedy show on Monday night, the Writress got a call from her best friend from college with the happy news that she had just gotten engaged to the guy she'd been dating for the past 5 years.

They're two of Writress's best friends in the world, and they live up in San Francisco. I've been wanting to make that road trip ever since I moved to California anyway, so we thought it would be fun to head up there this weekend for their housewarming/engagement party.

They don't know we're coming, so it should be a big surprise for them. Plus I'll get a chance to see people I know in San Francisco, and see all the touristy stuff.

On a whim I also decided to set up a version of "The Black List" for TV pilots. For those of you who don't know, The Black List is an annual list of the best unproduced feature scripts of the year. Scripts like "Juno" and "Lars and the Real Girl" were on there before they became movies that won a zillion awards. I'm setting up a similar one for TV pilots. It's probably a ton of extra work, but maybe I'll ask Writress to help or something. Plus I can make good contacts with it, contacts who read TV scripts, and might be willing to read my pilot.

No comments: