Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Looking ahead

My boss mentioned my aspirations to write today, saying he'd like to read my script after Thanksgiving, but that basically he would rather I spent my nights having drinks meetings with assistants that could help him out. I'm going to try to split the difference and keep doing both.

My credit card company sent me a letter saying that in a month and a half they're going to jack up all my interest rates for no damn reason (they're blaming it something like how a payment was a day late when the due date was on a day they were closed). So now my previously manageable balance is looking rather scary. Not sure what I'm going to do about that, but I'll think of something.

I have a panel discussion tonight for my pilot writing program with two people who've read and liked my work before on it, so I'm looking forward to that.

Things are still going great with the Writress. It's been over 5 months now, and we haven't had so much as a disagreement. It's comfortable, and nice, and relaxing. We enjoy each others' company, have a ton in common, and there's no bullshit drama. I'm pretty happy with things.

And so looking ahead, I just need to keep doing what I'm doing, while trying not to get crushed by a VISA bill.

No comments: