Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Things are awesome and bad

First the bad:

Work has been a huge pain recently. It's making me question how long I really want to stay there, and what kind of long term benefits it's going to have for me. Due to work insanity and stress I've been needing time off more, and the combination of work stress and trying to finish a spec script by June 1st was just too much. So now I'm not trying to hit the WB workshop deadline and am instead aiming for Disney/ABC and maybe Writer's on the Verge. Work sucks. I don't like it. This is a pattern for me when I'm 10 months into a job I think. Though I doubt that it would be the case in a job I really enjoyed.

Second: The Good

One year ago today I had the best first date of my life with Writress. Today marks our one year anniversary. I'm at home now, waiting for her to arrive with ingredients to make lasagna. We're going to make some tasty food and watch the Chuck finale on hulu and I couldn't be happier about it.

The only downside to the festivities is that her present has not yet arrived from ThinkGeek.com. Luckily she's cool enough to understand.


No comments: