Monday, June 28, 2010

Fun weekend

So my weekend was pretty fun. Mostly consisted of following Writress to fun premiere events and getting free stuff, so that was pretty good.

The actual premiere was on Wednesday night, and it was a really fun night. I got to meet more of her work friends, who are great people, and get a glimpse of what I'd like to be able to have someday when I create a show.

Then Saturday morning we had a lot of fun having Pacific Park at the Santa Monica Pier rented out for the show. Got to play a bunch of fun carney games and go on the rollercoaster as many times as we wanted for free. Then last night was a party for the actual airing of the show at the house of one of the executive producers. It was very nice, and despite the fact that Writress and I were the youngest people there and only assistant level, the host was very gracious and spoke with us. It was nice to think that we're not as far away from making it as it sometimes seems.

On our way back from the Pier we stopped at a street in Hollywood where a friend recommended we look at an apartment. There were so many for rent signs that we ended up going into a nicer looking building, and found that they had a unit in there that could work for us that's totally in our price range. We're not going to pull the trigger on any one place until we've done more research, but it did help make things feel more real that we're starting to look at places. Later in the day we walked around my current neighborhood and wrote down more addresses and phone numbers.

August 1st is our date that we're aiming to move. Writress's roommate already has someone lined up for her place though, so if needed we could move as early as July 15th. We may wait for Writress to sign on with a Studio temping agency or something first though, since some buildings want to make sure you're employed first for the credit check. We're waiting to see if her show gets picked up, which would mean she has a job waiting for her in the fall.

Actually looking at places together doesn't scare me, it's fun and exciting. I didn't see myself doing this kind of thing until I was engaged, but honestly, I'm not worried about that. We're not quite ready to get engaged, but I love Writress and know that it's only a matter of time before I figure out everything that goes along with buying an engagement ring and proposing.

We watched a movie called TIMER on Saturday night that was about a device that gets implanted on your wrist and tells you the day you'll meet "The One" for you. Writress asked me if I would get one if they were available. I told her I didn't need one and kissed her, and wasn't bullshitting at all. In that situation you really can't say anything else, but I still meant it.

In other news, this weekend was also the wedding for my College Ex. I haven't heard from any of my friends who were there yet, but I can't help but be curious. I'm in no way jealous because I'm glad we broke up and I'm much happier with Writress, but since she was such an important part of my life for so long I can't just not care. It feels like an old friend that I lost touch with is getting married.

And so, that's what's going on in my life now. Expect more apartment hunting updates as the month goes on.

No comments: