Friday, June 18, 2010

We're going to get an apartment

Writress spoke with her mom, who was very supportive about the idea of us getting a place together. She hasn't spoken with her dad yet, but really doesn't expect any resistance there. So I think we can officially say that we're getting an apartment.

We think we'd like to stay in Hollywood, but if the right place comes up we would consider West Hollywood, Los Feliz, Studio City, or Burbank. There are some buildings that have been recently built/renovated that I'm curious to try out. Likely they're out of our price range (we'd ideally both like to be paying less in rent each than we are now), but it's worth a look since they all began construction when the economy was great and now might be desperate for tenants with the bad economy.

Things with my current roommate have been better since November, but even still I'm starting to look forward to being out of that living situation. I'm going to enjoy having more autonomy over my personal space. Writress isn't the type to get overly bossy or force things to be just her way.

I'm getting excited now. This will be good.

No comments: