Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Going to a premiere tonight

A year and a half ago I got a suit, just in case I'd ever need it. Tonight I'll be wearing it for the first time. It just goes to show that there aren't many occasions in Los Angeles where you can't get in wearing a pair of jeans.

In fact, I could probably get away with not wearing the suit tonight, but I'm not going to. Tonight is the premiere for Writress's show, so we're doing the whole red carpet thing. I get to get off work an hour early (since I'll be going in an hour early one day next week) and it should be a fun evening.

Writing-wise I've been a bit lazy the last few days, partly because Writress turned me on to a trilogy of books called The Farseer Trilogy that's captured my attention. I'm nearly done with the second book, so I should come back to reality soon. I've opted not to try to apply to the ABC fellowship, partly because I know I don't have any connections for it, and partly because money is a bit tight right now with bills and my upcoming trip to see Writress's family in Colorado, so it's not worth it to pay the entrance fees. I want to also save what I can for moving costs and new stuff Writress and I will need for our apartment.

I'm really psyched to live with her. Once we're settled we'll both be able to live cheaper and happier, until we get to the point where we likely have more money than we can spend.

No comments: