Monday, February 9, 2009

Wearing red and Graphic Novels

I wear jeans pretty much every day of my life. One of the benefits of LA is that if I'm wearing jeans, a collared shirt, and a sport coat I'm almost overdressed everywhere I go. So every couple years I need to buy more jeans because my old ones have started to get holes worn into them. Yesterday was one of those days, and even though I hate shopping, I headed out.

First I tried The Grove, but the only Levi's I could find there were the $140 variety at barneys. That's not how I roll. I then went to the Macy's at the Beverly Center, and found a pair just like my worn out pair, for fairly cheap. I walk up to the register and the woman checking me out asks if I'm wearing red. I happen to have a red t-shirt on so she tells me I get an extra 20% off. I have no idea why, just that it was some thing they were doing for the weekend. I went back and bought a second pair, so I'm set for the next two years.

Later that night my book club met, which was a pleasant way to drink some wine and eat some cheese. We picked THE WATCHMEN for our book for the coming month, which I thought was pretty cool of us to mix things up a bit since I really didn't want to read some book about Victorian ladies again. It's a graphic novel, but I think it still counts as a worthy book for our book club since it was one of Time's top novels of the century.

No comments: