Sunday, April 19, 2009

Had a fun night

Tonight was the slightly belated birthday gathering of a friend of mine who was a couple years behind me in college. It was nice to go out to a fun bar I'd never been to before, to meet some new people, and even catch up with an old friend from high school who happens to work with her.

I joked with my old friend that she should be my female wingman, partly for fun, and partly because I had already found a friend of hers to be attractive. So after talking with her friend a bit, I was able to take my new wingman aside and say that I thought her friend was cute. I'm pretty sure she put a good word in for me when she went to the bar, because very soon I was talking to her friend again, and got her number.

Strangely enough, this girl has the same first name as NurseLady (who by the way, has still not responded after standing me up on Thursday night). But she seems cooler. And she also went to my college, graduating two years behind me. She is native to SoCal, but she went to a preppy east coast school so that probably balances things out a bit. I got her number, walked her to her car, and made plans to see her again soon.

I contemplated going in for the kiss at her car, but it wasn't quite right. In the long run, it's better than I didn't, since I could see myself actually dating this girl, rather than just trying to get as much ass as possible as quickly as possible.

No comments: