Friday, May 1, 2009

Strange Dreams

Since I'm finally getting enough sleep for the first time in a while, I'm remembering my dreams again. Not all of them, just the really vivid ones from right before I wake up. And even those fade pretty quickly.

The other night, there was something about how someone had messed something up, and three nukes were going to go off. The only thing I remember clearly is that it was exactly three bombs, and when they went off I was laying on the ground, with my head turned away from the explosion. That's kind of a messed up dream.

Last night, I had a dream that I was acting in something with a really pretty girl, who seemed like someone I felt like I had gone to school with or something, but upon later reflection seemed to look like the actress from Legend of the Seeker. I met up with my best friend from high school and the two of us went to some park. There we went off on our separate ways, and I sat on this ridge looking down at the park to where they were doing some blasting for construction. The girl I was acting with came over and sat with me. She jokingly sat in my lap, and asked how I felt about her. I said that my character was in love with her character. She got up to walk away. I then finished my statement with, "but I think you're pretty swell too." She smiled, and kissed me.

Then I woke up.

I don't interpret dreams. I have no idea what that one means. I'll probably remember it for a while now that I've written it down.

The reason I bring it up is this: Does that ever happen to you when you start to hook up with someone in a dream, but you wake up before things get really good? Then you try to go back to sleep and pick up where you left off, but you can't.

I can't remember that many of the details, but I remember how I felt about this girl in my dream. I was really into her. And having her like me too, laughing and sitting with me on the grass in that park, felt really good. I'm less upset that I didn't get laid in the dream and more upset that I didn't get to have that feeling longer. Because if felt like falling in love, which is something I haven't felt in a really long time. long enough that I think I was starting to forget what it felt like, since my only frame of reference in recent years has been getting to know a girl I kind of like, not falling head over heels about someone.

No comments: