Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Quick venting...

My boss asks me to act as a messenger during my lunch hour even though I'm going nowhere near that place because he doesn't want to pay as for a messenger service, and he gives me shit for not reading a script after work every night and not finding out everything going on in town while reading 5 scripts and two novels every weekend.

It's not even possible to read as much as he wants me to read when I'm staying at the office this late, and I don't get overtime or benefits. I can't afford to get drinks with these people he wants me to network with, even if I had something to offer them to get them to want to meet with me.

And to top it all off, I don't want to work here forever, or become just a producer, so when I have time, I keep up with what's going on in TV and I try to write, because that's what I actually want to do out here.

It really pisses me off when I work my ass off and still get called a slacker.

No comments: