Friday, March 13, 2009

Drifting for a night

One of my roommates is making dinner for his new girlfriend tonight, so I want to give them some space. MissCrazy is busy (in fact I haven't seen her since that ridiculousness with The Duchess) and my other roommate/best friend is taking his girlfriend on a date.

So I have no plans for the night. Originally I wanted to just go home and crash with my hulu queue and DVD's but that's obviously not happening now. Maybe I could stay at my office and watch stuff on my work computer, and even catch up on this season of Entourage on the big office TV, but knowing this place like I do, I'll probably want to get away as soon as the day is over.

Instead, I think I'll go get a haircut (I haven't had one since around new year's eve and it's getting ridiculous) and then park myself in a coffeeshop and read my book. I think it could be very pleasant, especially since I haven't done it in a while.

I suppose I could also use my work laptop to start writing my beat sheet for my spec pilot that's due on Sunday, but I'd rather work on that when I'm relaxed Saturday or Sunday morning, and I don't want to be another one of those cliche screenwriters sitting in Starbucks with a MacBook and working on their "future Oscar/Emmy winner." Even if I do good work I'll feel like yet another Hollywood hack writer.

No comments: