Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Some BS from MissCrazy

I just got in a text message fight with MissCrazy this morning. Here's what you need to know: She was supposed to go out of town for work this week, but her trip was canceled. I had planned on taking tonight to just crash at my place after work and catch up on TV shows since last night I had this writer's showcase to help with and didn't get home until 11:30 and the previous night I had crashed at MissCrazy's. I pretty much haven't spent any significant time at home since Saturday, and honestly, my roommates might be getting worried.

She doesn't like talking on the phone, so everything is done through text messages. She let me know that she's still in town tonight. Her plan was to relax at her place and watch The Duchess, which is a movie that I REALLY REALLY don't want to see, especially when I'm tired and I have my own stuff to catch up on. I offered to do something else, and she said that she was fine just staying home and watching the Duchess, I said fine.

Here's where she get's pissed at me. After she says she's just staying home, I say ok, and she responds, "You're not watching it with me?" I say that I really don't want to see it, and I've barely spent any time at home recently so I should stay at my place. She takes this to mean that we only do what I want to do, and that if I really like spending time with her I'd watch the Duchess.

When we do stuff together, I try to make it things we'd both enjoy. If she says she doesn't want to do something, we don't do it. So when she gives me a bullshit test that I need to watch some chick flick to prove I like her, I call bullshit on that.

Then it comes out that she's pissed we don't go out to dinner and stuff like that more often. I can't afford to take her out to dinner a lot on an assistant salary, especially the kind of dinners that previous dudes she's dated have done (these are financial guys and lawyers and stuff, all much older than me). She's used to getting pampered with lots of frilly stuff. She goes to lots of fancy parties where shiny boring dudes hit on her and try to buy her things. That's very much not me.

I think she realizes that's very not me, and doesn't like it, but knows from her previous crazy flare ups that if she gives me crap and threatens to break up with me over it I'll just walk. She barely got me to come back last time when she broke up with me for no reason suddenly, and I don't have the patience for those kind of games. If I'm with a girl, she has to like being with me. If she gives me bullshit tests to "prove I like her" which really means "prove she can control you" I don't take that. A relationship isn't about holding the other person emotionally hostage. And all the Cosmo reading chicks who ponder why they're alone? It's because they do this kind of stuff and guess what? Guys don't like it.

No comments: