Monday, March 9, 2009

I burned CD's for the first time in years

I almost never burn CD's. I've had the same spindle of 50 blanks that I got for ridiculously cheap at Newbury Comics in Harvard Square back when I was a freshman in college. I'm only about halfway through it, if I'm even that far.

But last night I made two "Driving CD's" to put in the six disc changer in my trunk, because LA Radio has just gotten that bad. With no Indie 103.1 or 97.1 FM to listen to while I drive around, all I have left is NPR, which while informative, is getting really really depressing since every story is about how screwed we are with this economy.

I almost never use iTunes, so most of my music consists of random stuff I downloaded as a college freshman before they made Napster illegal, and random CD's I bought 10 years ago. And most of those aren't even uploaded onto my computer, I need to do that.

So last night for the first time in quite a while I started remembering the proper way to make a mix CD. For those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about, read High Fidelity by Nick Hornby and/or see the movie with John Cusack.

I have two done so far, and I may make more depending on what I upload and deem appropriate for driving around LA in my mid 20's as opposed to driving through Boston suburbs during my high school years.

No comments: