Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Unemployed life

I'm sleeping in, I'm reading what I want to read. I have more time with my writing, and to catch up with old friends. So far, so good.

I've applied to a few positions, but it's still to early to tell how they'll react, or if I'll even want them once I go in for the interview. I need to research unemployment insurance. If I can have my job hunt subsidized while I take some of my day to write, that could be a decent set up for a little while.

I'll be headed back home to help my parents move into their new house this weekend, but I'm bringing my laptop so I can write and job search/apply from Cape Cod.

Overall I think I'm handling things pretty well. While it sucks to be jobless, especially in this economy, I feel kinda relieved to be out of that office. It was slowly driving me insane.

No comments: