Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Somehow my job has become brainstorming reality shows

My bosses are getting more and more enamored with the idea of creating reality shows, so I find myself spending some of my time brainstorming ideas for shows I would never want to see.

And surprisingly, I still end up with a lot of good reality ideas. Frankly, they're not that hard to come up with. They're cheap as hell, and you don't need a speck of talent to make one. No wonder there are so many of them. It's kind of like cockroaches. You can kill one, but by the time you do that there's already a whole nest just waiting out of sight.

I want to work more in TV, but I want to work in good TV, REAL TV, the kind that takes effort and talent to create, challenge the imagination, and inspire as they entertain. Not something that becomes irrelevant five minutes after it airs and makes celebrities out of people who have no goddam business being famous.

No comments: